Full Flap Stall (kts)
Cruise Speed (kts)
Empty Weight (kg)
Over the last 2.5 years AAK has been continuing R&D work into the slow speed flying of Fixed Wing Aircraft.
An initial concept aircraft called the Flamingo was developed as base airframe for flight testing with many changes made to the airfoil sections, size, profiles & control surfaces, thrust lines and propellers in order to fly safely at a speed of 20ktn. A stall speed of 17ktn & general ops. at 25 ktn to 45ktn.
A ROTAX 912S was chosen as power plant with a very open installation for max. cooling. Like all AAK designs, pilot safety is at the core of the design with the steel centre frame, full metal airframe & responsive controls. Various propeller combinations including 6 blade WARP drive where tested.
The development is ongoing hand in hand with tow & test pilot Steve MC Arthur and Ole from AAK.
See the full Flamingo Gallery here.
- KEY POINTS FOR THE OPERATOR:
- Safe, versatile and easy to fly utility light aircraft
- Low acquisition costs
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance costs on airframe and all systems
- Local manufacturer, providing parts and services
- Can be piloted by RAA or GA –VH license holder
- Superior service, fast and reliable technical support Australia wide.
- KEY POINTS FOR THE PILOT AND PASSENGER:
- Agile performing aircraft with 100 hp – 150hp motorization
- Crisp and delightful easy controls for long hours in the cockpit
- Roomy two seat side by side (or tandem) cockpit with outstanding visibility and ergonomics
- Docile and forgiving flight handling matched with highly responsive and effective controls ideal for mustering operations and property management
- Excellent S T O L performance
- Extra large cargo area with access door
- Integrated chrome-molly steel cage for strength and safety
- Airframe and controls designed for minimum maintenance requirements
- Full metal airframe using certified materials acquired and manufactured in Australia
- Rugged undercarriage for operation from rough terrain with wheel sizes available from 8”x 6”standard up to 29” x 6” low pressure with heavy- duty brakes systems (snow skis also available)
- Removable doors, for flying in hot conditions
- Hard points for external cargo, wings and fuselage (see pictures)
- External and internal long range tanks (see specifications).
- Additional equipment seeder tanks & spreaders, fence-post carrier compartments, auxiliary refueling pump systems, mustering sirens and wailers, GPS tracking, Helmets and safety gear etc. are also available.
- Rotax 912/912S
- Top Speed (TAS at sea level) With Trailing Link U/C & 8.50 x 6.00 tires 55 kts.
- Cruise Speed (TAS) 75% power at 5,000 ft. 35 kts.
- Stall Speed (at max. gross)
- Full flaps (Vso) 17 kts.
- Rate of Climb
- V climb Speed 25- 38 kts
- Solo 550 f.p.m.
- Max. gross 350 f.p.m.
- Range (at 75% power)*** ( 127 liters fuel) 210+ nm
- Range Standard Fuel excl. VFR Reserve nm
- Fuel Consumption (at 75% power) Rotax 912S +/- 4 16 l/ph
- Service Ceiling (estimated) 10000 ft.
- Take off Distance (Clear 50’ obstacle)
- Solo 60 m
- MTOW 80 m
- Landing Distance (Clear 50’ obstacle)
- Solo 30 m
- MTOW 30 m
- Fuselage Length
- Rotax 914 engine (rigged for flight) 6.8 m
- Wing Data
- Wing Span Rigged for flight 10.25m
- Other Wing Data
- Area 18.24 sq.m
- Wing loading (at max. gross) 29.8 kg/sq.m
- Structural limit loads (at max. gross) + 4 /-2.5 Gs
- Maximum Height
- Taildragger 2.1 mtrs
- Cabin Dimensions
- Width (at hips) 72 cm
- Width (at shoulders) 90 cm
- Door width 90 cm
- Door height 100 cm
- Baggage space / Rear passenger area 1.2 cu/m
- Rear door width 90 cm
- Rear door height 100 cm
- Maximum gross weight (on wheels) RAA Aus LSA Limits 540 kg
- Empty weight (based on standard version) 280 kg
- Useful load (based on standard version) 260 kg
- Fuel Capacity (usable)
- Standard 60 litre tanks 60 / 60 ltrs
All aircraft or kits can be shipped worldwide on request. Shipping to West Coast USA for a plane cost $3500 AUD. Shipping for a kit to West Coast USA costs $1800 AUD. 10% GST applies to all sales within Australia. GST does not apply to exports. These aircraft would be registered under RAA in Australia, LAA in the UK and FAA in the USA. They do not qualify for LSA at present. You have a choice of 3 fantastic engine options Rotax 912 Rotax 914 or a Lycoming 160hp with or without modifications to produce extra power.
Kit Starts From (AUD)
Hangar 13 Airport Drive Taree NSW 2430 Australia Phone +61 2 6553 8100