Full Flap Stall (kts)
Cruise Speed (kts)
Empty Weight (kg)
The BUSHMAN is a versatile, affordable and exciting alternative to conventional bush work aircraft. It meets the toughest demands of professional and recreational bush flying and is widely used as an airborne utility vehicle by bush pilots and recreational pilots around Australia.
With steadily increasing fuel prices and the high fuel consumption of most aircraft used for mustering, the BUSHMAN offers a hugely appealing alternative.
The BUSHMAN is the ideal aircraft for mustering, prospecting, pipeline, bore and fence inspecting, property management, aerial baiting and hunting & fishing.
The BUSHMAN requires a minimum power plant of 150hp, so firewall forward arrangements with Lycoming 0-320 and 0-360 engines have been supplied.
Be sure to view the full Bushman Gallery.
- KEY POINTS FOR THE OPERATOR:
- Safe, versatile and easy to fly utility light aircraft
- Low acquisition costs
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance costs on airframe and all systems
- Local manufacturer, providing parts and services
- Can be piloted by RAA or GA –VH license holder
- Superior service, fast and reliable technical support Australia wide.
- KEY POINTS FOR THE PILOT AND PASSENGER:
- Agile performing aircraft with 100 hp – 150hp motorization
- Crisp and delightful easy controls for long hours in the cockpit
- Roomy two seat side by side (or tandem) cockpit with outstanding visibility and ergonomics
- Docile and forgiving flight handling matched with highly responsive and effective controls ideal for mustering operations and property management
- Excellent S T O L performance
- Extra large cargo area with access door
- Integrated chrome-molly steel cage for strength and safety
- Airframe and controls designed for minimum maintenance requirements
- Full metal airframe using certified materials acquired and manufactured in Australia
- Rugged undercarriage for operation from rough terrain with wheel sizes available from 8”x 6”standard up to 29” x 6” low pressure with heavy- duty brakes systems (snow skis also available)
- Removable doors, for flying in hot conditions
- Hard points for external cargo, wings and fuselage (see pictures)
- External and internal long range tanks (see specifications).
- Additional equipment seeder tanks & spreaders, fence-post carrier compartments, auxiliary refueling pump systems, mustering sirens and wailers, GPS tracking, Helmets and safety gear etc. are also available.
- Lycoming 0.320(160hp)
- Top Speed (TAS at sea level) 100 kts.
- Cruise Speed (TAS) 75% power at 5,000 ft. 90 kts.
- Stall Speed (at max. gross)
- No flaps (Vs) 35 kts.
- Full flaps (Vso) 28 kts.
- Rate of Climb
- Solo 1400 f.p.m.
- Max. gross 1000 f.p.m.
- Range (at 75% power)*** ( 240 litres fuel)
- Range Standard Fuel excl. VFR Reserve nm 810nm (1460km)
- Fuel Consumption (at 75% power) +/- 4 34 l/ph
- Service Ceiling (estimated)
- 12000 ft.
- Take off Distance (Clear 50’ obstacle)
- Solo <100 m
- MTOW <150 m
- Landing Distance (Clear 50’ obstacle)
- Solo <100 m
- MTOW <120 m
- Fuselage Length
- Lycoming 0.320 engine (rigged for flight) 7.5 m
- Wing Data
- Wing Span Rigged for flight 9.8m
- Area 16 sq. m
- Aspect ratio
- Wing loading (at max. gross) 53 kg/sqm
- Structural limit loads (at max. gross) + 6 /-3 Gs
- Maximum Height
- Taildragger 2.6 mtrs
- Cabin Dimensions
- Width (at hips) 72 cm
- Width (at shoulders) 90 cm
- Door width 90 cm
- Door height 100 cm
- Baggage space / Rear passenger area 1.2 cu/
- Rear door width 110 cm
- Rear door height 90 cm
- Tandem Seating 1+1 or 1+2
- Trailing link independent 5”travel
- 26”main wheels
- Groove brakes
- Twin calliper
- Tail Spring
- 18”tail wheel
- Maximum gross weight (on wheels) 850 kg
- Maximum gross weight (on floats) n/a
- Empty weight 440 kg
- Useful load 410 kg
- Full-fuel payload (standard tanks 2×120 plus 10tl header) 180 kg
- Full-fuel payload (optional) n/a
- Fuel capacity (usable)
- Standard tanks plus 20lt header
- 120/120 ltrs
All aircraft or kits can be shipped worldwide on request. Shipping to West Coast USA for a plane cost $3500 AUD. Shipping for a kit to West Coast USA costs $1800 AUD. 10% GST applies to all sales within Australia. GST does not apply to exports.
Kit Starts From (AUD)
Hangar 13 Airport Drive Taree NSW 2430 Australia Phone +61 2 6553 8100